Monday, January 23, 2012

Back to my old self ....

The germ is banished as of Sunday and i have energy and feel like myself again and not a sick slug! Whew, thankfully it only lasted 7 days.

Well today at work I used my creativity to the max! Today is the first full week my boss is in australia for a month and amazingly my creative juices kicked into high gear! I came up with some ideas for rearranging things (chairs, tables, shelving and fiction). I started thinking about these areas long ago based on keen observation of usage patterns, customer comments. So it is not entirely willie nillie and I know Michael gives me the freedom to implement some changes with his full support so on Saturday I felt empowered and enegerized to do what I do best bring all staff into the discussion get their ideas and weave them into mine and viola, magic. It was a joy to see all staff get a twinkle in their eyes and get juiced about talking about the ideas .... Made me realize how complacent we have become under such a wonderful boss ... He does so much that it is easy to relax and enjoy the ride. Now staff are eager to think, vocalize and implement change. It is cool to see in action. Admidtley it is not fun working this all the time (it has a reverse effect after awhile and folks burn out). Been there done that! It is all a delicate balance and being aware of that and so much more is a rare ability. I am just delighted I had the chance to experience it all again ....

No comments:

Post a Comment